Sunday, February 15, 2009

happy blog





So Mom tells me everyone was depressed about the last blog so this one should be much better!!


Last weekend I drove to Dallas to see Anna, Laici, and our friend, Dru. He is currently stationed at an Air Force base in Italy but is in Texas for a few months for training. We saw a movie (Taken. It was AWESOME! Go see it!) and then went to the Bjorkman house for dinner and then play dominoes for hours. It was so fun to just see everyone and catch up.



This week we had our biggest lecture of the year at the Honors Residential College. Dr. Anthony Esolen spoke. He is an author and translator who currently teaches English at Providence College. He is probably best known for his translations of Dante's THe Divine Comedy. He is downright famous at Baylor since most of the honors students have read his translations in class and LOVE them! I had the opportunity to have dinner with him as well as sit in on his lecture and a lunch he had with students. Very interesting!



Friday night, I went with a few friends to a local Valentine's celebration (of sorts) called the Chocolate Stroll. It is in this little town about 15 min south of Waco. Think Eureka Springs but only about a block long. You seriously are driving though the little town and then there is this one block downtown of antique shops. Anyway, all the shop owners prepare chocolate treats, punch, cookies, etc. for you while you browse their shops. and then you get a different type of flower at each so by the end of the "stroll" you have a whole bouquet. I'll attach a picture at the end. I really enjoyed one antique shop. It just had so much neat stuff!! I bought Alexia's birthday present there and I'm pretty excited about it. I also bought myself a vase. It is very pretty and purple!! lavender outside with a dark purple on the inside and then little glass beads. It is the one in the picture.



Valentine's Day itself was very relaxing. I slept in and then watched a movie with Casey. Late afternoon, I went over to my co-worker Peter's apartment. He and his wife just had a baby a few weeks ago so Sarah and I babysat while they went out for a special Vday dinner. Then of course, Sarah, SHannon, and I went out for dinner and watched a great lovey dovey movie called Traitor. (That's sarcasm. Movie is actually about terrorists and the government and Don Cheadle being a traitor. good movie.)


Isn't she adorable?!?

Just got back from my community dinner. Not much to tell. Chicken, potatoes, green beans, chocolate mousse, and a speech that was double the requested length. Painfully so.

I have a big job opportunity that was offered to me on Friday. I'm not really at liberty to talk about it just yet but I am WAY excited!!! More to come on that later....



In the meantime here are a few pictures of my puppy, Casey, too.



tired Casey...




weird laying position. Don't know how that is comfortable!
Her new territory.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Where's the update? ;)