In my last post I talked about a surprise event that would be happening. It is called Serenade and is a tradition that has been going on in our residence halls for many years! Basically the Friday before classes in the fall, all the male halls form groups and prepare a short 5 minute mix of songs. THey have the lyrics printed and then go from female hall to female hall and sing to the girls. This is mostly for freshmen but a ton of people participate and they come to the event having no clue what is going to happen. So I sat outside with all my girls on our front lawn as the guys came by with flowers and sang to the girls. It was a good 3 hour event but really fun to see them all get so excited. There were so many guys that had no clue what to do and it was really cute! SOme of them tried to dance with the girls and get numbers. So funny!
I've had my first RHD meeting and first staff meeting with my CLs. I'm finally getting adjusted and don't feel like I'm totally behind on everything. I've had very little mayhem thus far which is a nice change from Arkansas. I'm on call for half the campus this weekend and is still pretty calm.
The other big event from the week was the very first Baylor football game. Yay. I miss the Razorbacks so much! I walked into the stadium about 20 minutes before kickoff and it was nowhere near full. It is a bit smaller than the stadium in Little Rock if that puts it into perspective. But I did get pretty excited when the Baylor Line ran in. Every freshman gets a yellow jersey with their grad date on the back and they run in right before the team to form the tunnel. There were so many people that ran on! Pretty cool tradition! But then the game started. It was pitiful but there is a new coach so maybe they were nervous or something. We have room for improvement. I have season tickets with several other hall directors and spouses. The fellowship certainly makes up for the sports action. And the kicker, for those who don't believe we are a highly intellectual institution (ahem...Lisa), there was a student sitting in front of us with his textbook and highlighter who studied through most of the game. It was hilarious! I took a picture but its on someone else's camera so I'll have to add it later. But here's a nice pic of me and Sarah, one of the other new hall directors.
1 comment:
At OSU it's much too loud to study during a game! However, I can see by the picture of the empty Baylor stadium that it's probably quieter than the library! Did you get a chance to catch the Cowboy game? We won! I think we play Baylor for our homecoming. Can't wait! Lisa
Post a Comment