We went on a Baylor traditions tour tonight. Learned a lot about Baylor (including how to do the Sic 'Em Bears, which isn't quite the hog call but it will have to do for now) and even about Waco itself. There is a park here that is the 2nd largest city park in the country next to Central Park in NYC. There is so much to do there like mountain biking, hiking, picnic areas, a splash park for the kiddies, horseshoes, frisbee golf, and there's even a zoo in the middle!! Can't wait to go there! We saw some of the older but beautiful homes and some odd things like a castle and a gorilla statue. I kid you not! A very nice house with a 5 foot cement gorilla in the front yard that they paint according to the time of year. It is very patriotic right now! There's a picture but it is not very good. :(

We started the night with the bear pit and the bears were out! Here's one of them:

It is very much like having your own bear zoo in the middle of campus. I get to walk by them every day on my way to the main office!!
Then we toured the athletic facilities and even went in the football stadium. Its not Razorback Stadium but the atmosphere and spirit here is amazing! Everyone is so passionate and hopeful about football even though everyone keeps telling me that the team isn't any good. THey haven't had a winning season in 14 years. But there's a new coach. I have heard the joke that the coach is "undefeated" no less than 10 times in the last few days. THey are hilarious and so hopeful!
So I still haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the apartment. We are doing a progressive dinner soon where all the staff members will be coming to my place to check it out. I figure that will be a good time since it will have to be spotless! But to hold you over, here is a great virtual tour. Under the tab with living at BU you can see one of my buildings, Memorial Hall. Also there are pictures of some of the amazing classrooms and athletic facilities and of course the beautiful outdoors around the campus. Check it out...
2 comments:
They aren't joking when the say the football team stinks! OSU can usually count on at least one win of the season when they play Baylor! Go Pokes! I'll have to check the schedule and see when that game will be this fall. Anxiously awaiting the next post. Lisa
I can see your loving the blog thing!! :) I'm loving reading them! We just got internet today!! YAY!!!! :) Hope everything is going well! Can't wait to see you soon for a dinner weekend!! wahoo! love ya girl! -- JD & Mar
Post a Comment